Tuesday, December 23, 2008

True Confessions Quiz (2 of 11)






Until I meet my recent employer, I have had many problems in the workplace including some nightmare newspaper gigs with editors who made Dick Cheney look like Sigmund the Sea Monster!

So, today's question is "Of the following awful jobs, which is the one I never had?"

A) During my early college years, I was a human billboard for Domino's Pizza. I actually held up a sign promoting specials, and had friends from high school laugh at me!

B) I taught English as a Second Language for mostly Hispanic inmates at a minimum security prison in North Carolina. The job was so awful that I actually felt suicidally depressed and even contemplated becoming a Republican!

C) After losing my job as a newspaper reporter, I temporarily became a receptionist at a funeral home in New Market, Va. It was such an awful experience that I began to envy the clients!

D) Even though I am not a religious person, I took an internship at a Christian tv station in Roanoke, Va. I actually got in trouble for inadvertently saying 'god daminit.'

One of these is NOT true.

The answer to last week's quiz is choice D. Even though I am a life-long film fanatic, I have never been an extra in a movie. Though I'm sure being in a Charles Cullen film would be very interesting!

But, indeed, I was a far right Turkish nationalist child, a far-left college student who thought about going to Cuba (today, I am a centrist/liberal Democrat who would make Sen. Evan Bayh proud), and I did lose a chess match to an 8-year-old girl who could well be the next Bobby Fisher!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing statement A is incorrect.

Unknown said...

No, I actually was a human billboard for Domino's Pizza during the summer of 1990! It was truly an awful job.