Monday, December 1, 2008

Facebook Friend of the Week: Rick Huddle




Initially, we were going to this series in alphabetical order, and this week, we were going to have someone whose name starts with the letter 'b.'

But, I abruptly decided to change that when I saw that my high school friend Rick Huddle, from Salem, Va., was on Facebook.

Rick is now a storyteller in Portland, Ore.

He will be performing Theater! Theatre! located on 3430 Belmont Ave. in Portland from Dec. 4-20. Ticket info is available at 503-720-0397.

This marks the second event we've promoted in Portland, which is about as close as Istanbul is given that we are in Greensboro, NC. The first event was an opera based on Shannon Wheeler's comic book "Too Much Coffee Man."

SIDEBAR: Kudos to my friend Haywood Graves of Danville, Va. He now has more than 2,000 friends on Facebook. I wonder how many he knows personally.

No comments: