Sunday, December 28, 2008

Facebook Friend of the Week- Shannon B. Sturgis





Since I am a partisan Democrat who favors separation of church and state and opposes capital punishment, there aren't many people in this world who can make me feel as conservative as Dick "Down Boy" Cheney. Amazingly enough, my own cousin Shannon Sturgis is one of them!

She goes by the name Shannon Babaganoush Sturgis on Facebook. The middle name is actually a Turkish eggplant dish, which is ironic because Shannon is not from the Turkish side of my family.

Apparently, a young lady also named Shannon Sturgis is some kind of local celebrity in Little Rock, Ark.

But, my cousin Shannon, who grew up in North Carolina, lives mostly in St. Louis and is involved with theatrical productions, such as "Frost/Nixon." And, she told me once that she actually met Woody Allen.

Shannon, who is a gay/lesbian rights activist, claims to be married to Marci Franklin, but that is apparently some kind of in-joke.

She is also the one who is closest to me in age as she will turn 38 on Jan. 19.

Shannon has 206 Facebook friends.

In addition to gay rights, she is interested in Jewish culture even though (to my knowledge) she is not Jewish herself. Shannon also considers herself a jazz diva and has watched "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" countless times.

She also voted for John McCain this past November......ok, that is a joke!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cousin seems like an intriguing person. I'm also a "Rocky Horror" fan. Who's Marci Franklin? The name sounds vaguely familiar.

Unknown said...

I think Marci is just a friend of Shanon's although it does sound like the name of a Peanuts character.

Anonymous said...

Oh, of course...Marci from "Peanuts". Never knew her last name was Franklin. A coincidence: I watched "Happy New Year, Charlie Brown" earlier this evening. It was made in the mid-1980s, so it doesn't have the great voice work of the earlier specials.

Unknown said...

Was that Charlie Brown movie on tv? The first movie I remember seeing is a Charlie Brown movie back in 1973.

Dave Lockjaw Walker said...

Funny. I've been wondering about Shannon for a while, and found this post while looking for her on Facebook. I haven't been able to locate her Wish you'd included a link to her profile.