Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Greetings to those of you in Wales, Sweden, and Croatia...
Our celebrity of the day is..........we'll go with Marc Maron....!
Here are some comic strips quotes mostly from the Roanoke Times (July 17th, 2017 edition) with exceptions including "The Knight Life" from our good pal Keith Knight, which will start us off.....
1) You kids these days have it so good! (Knight Life)
2) Hi Jeremy. Are you hungry? (Zits)
3) Sara, can we get pizza delivered? (Blondie)
4) Nelson, what are you doing? (Pickles)
5) I'd like to return this bird (Wizard of Id)
6) That's all anyone needs to know (Judge Parker)
7) Good man! (Jump Start)
8) Don't be afraid! The lightning won't strike as long as mommy's out here (Family Circus)
9) Ooooo, what's that? (Get Fuzzy)
Monday, March 20, 2017
Here are eight lines of dialogue we are stealing from the "Roanoke Times" Sunday comics section which ran on March 5, 2016. The reason we are using an image of starting Washington Capitals goalie Braden Holtby (pictured) is because a hockey goalie is referenced in "For Better or For Worse."
1) That stupid goalie! He just never looks! He misses everything! (For Better or For Worse)
2) "I think I need a hug anyway," (Zits)
3) What do you mean? (Hi and Lois)
4) I know red flowers make me sneeze. (Pickles)
5) At long last...............The Baby Aisle! (Jump Start)
6) I was just leaving for the day (Dilbert)
7) You're going to be late! (Baby Blues)
8) Chef Salad! Lasagna! Fried Chicken! (Blondie)
Now we can finally devote more time to those Mental Floss pop culture quizzes!