Friday, July 3, 2015
Last Ten Songs We Heard on Simon (98.7-FM,Greensboro,NC): Slow Ride
Last night, we experienced major technical difficulties while trying to listen to Simon-FM, 98.7-FM, Greensboro, NC, but we were able to catch an hour of songs between the 9:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. (21:00-22:00) hour last night.
The oldest tune that was played on the variety mix 'we play everything' rotation was "Drive My Car" by The Beatles, which is celebrating its' 50th anniversary as it was released in 1965 (middle image, year it's a Delorean, which came out some 20 years later).
The second newest song in the lineup was the last one in this mix: "Slide" by The Goo Goo Dolls (pict. bottom) which hit radio stations in 1998. The Goo Goo Dolls have a post-game concert following a Milwaukee Brewers game on Aug. 15th.
The most current release was actually a cover of a bluegrass standard "Wagon Wheel" by Old Crow Medicine Show; the band plays at Clinton Presidential Park in Little Rock, Ark., on July 16th.
The top image of an Andrew Jackson twenty dollar bill is an homage to Eddie Money, but of course, you already knew that! Mr. Money plays at the Santa Barbara County Fair in Santa Maria, Calif., on July 15th.
For those of you in Spain, Twisted Sister, one of the bands listed here, is playing the Barcelona Rock Fest on July 24th.
Here is the list:
1) Take Me Home Tonight, Eddie Money, 1986.
2) Drive My Car, The Beatles, 1965
3) Pump Up the Jam, Technotronic, 1989
4) Don't Stand So Close to Me, The Police, 1981
5) Wagon Wheel, Old Crow Medicine Show, 2004
6) We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions, Queen, 1977
7) Slow Ride, Foghat, 1975
8) Dancing Queen, ABBA, 1976
9) We're Not Gonna Take It, Twisted Sister, 1984
10) Slide, The Goo Goo Dolls, 1998