Thursday, July 2, 2015
Last Ten Films We've Seen: Looking for Prozac Nation
Here are the last ten films we had seen as of last week. "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" and "Prozac Nation" have been notoriously hard to find, so we glad to have them off of our cinematic bucket list. "Love and Mercy" is the new film about Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys. He was played by two actors: Paul Dano (the young Wilson) and John Cusack (the older Wilson).
The pedestrian stop and go lights at the bottom are a holdover from East Germany in Berlin; "A Coffee in Berlin" is the only foreign-language film on this particular list, though "Prozac Nation" has a Norwegian director.
Fun thing we learned while putting this list together is that over $1 million of $7 million budget for "Dazed and Confused" went to film's soundtrack; we assume this means Foghat's 1975 rock hit single "Slow Ride" is expensive!
We originally got this idea from "Film Comment" magazine http://www.filmcomment.com
Here is the list:
1. Looking for Mr. Goodbar. director: Richard Brooks. 1977 w/Diane Keaton
2. Prozac Nation. dir: Erik Skjoldbjaerg. 2003.
3. The Lineup. Don Siegel. 1957
4. Bone. Larry Cohen. 1972.
5. A Coffee in Berlin. Germany. Jan Ole Gerster. 2012.
6. The Immigrant. James Gray. 2013.
7. Trishna. Michael Winterbottom. 2011.
8. Dazed and Confused. Richard Linklater. 1993
9. Entourage. Doug Ellin. 2015.
10. Love and Mercy. Bill Pohlad. 2014.