Friday, July 31, 2015
Friday Night Tweets: Big Ben and Domestic Politics
We are closing out July with three consecutive blog entries (hmmm.....yea, we changed our mind), this one is dedicated to tweets that were posted during the 9-10 p.m., eastern US time, many of which dealt with the partisan political divide in the country.......
1) Big Ben (yeah, that clock in London, pict. top): BONG BONG
2) UbertFacts: Osama bin Laden was obsessed with Whitney Houston (pict. late) and wanted to make her one of his wives (alas the pop singer died a few years ago as did Osama)....
3) The Daily Signal: Senate leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky; pict: bottom) commits to Planned Parenthood defunding vote next week (He does NOT have the support of comedian Sarah Silverman who mocked pro-life groups with a video that is causing quite a stir)
4) Urban Dictionary: White Man_ A term used to describe a group of people who are blamed for all the problems in the world.
5) Adam Owens (A tv news reporter for WRAL, Raleigh, NC): Raleigh Police investigate fatal accident on Roy Road....
6) Psychological Facts: If you think someone is starting at you: 1. Yawn 2. If they yawn, they were staring
7) Martin DeGarmo: The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers (a quote from Ralph Nader as the tweeter cited)
8) Jon Winokur (Advice to Writers): Talent is like electricity. We don't understand electricity. We use it. (a quote from Maya Angelou as the tweeter cited).
9) The Job Guy: "The only limits are, as always, those of vision," James Broughton, a late American poet.
http://www.job-guy.com (This might not be the same job guy we mentioned!)