Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Status Update- Getting Ready to Remake My Dinner with Andre!




My good friend Tony (pse) and I are apparently getting ready to remake "My Dinner with Andre," but we are going to have our own script and it will be a ten-minute film.

We are currently scouting locations in and around Roanoke, Va. Ironically, much to my surprise, I found out the actual 1981 film was shot at the old Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, Va., even though the film takes place in New York.

There are apparently "My Dinner with Andre" action figures for sale on the Internet, but I couldn't find any images. The screenplay by Andre Gregory and Wallace Shawn, who are also the only two actors in the film, is for sale through outlets like amazon.com as well.

"My Dinner with Andre" was directed by Louis Malle, and it has developed a cult following. Amazingly enough, The Criterion Collection has also introduced a full second dvd of 'extras' to go along with the film!

We will be conducting the shoot so that we can hopefully have it screened at the Shadowbox Cinema in Roanoke as part of their 'sweded film series.'

No comments: