Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Silly Picture to Fill Space- Vote for Me!




This image was apparently taken somewhere here in North Carolina, but I don't see any signs here for my friend Chris Knight of Reidsville, NC, who ran for a local school board vacancy. Though he lost the election, Knight ran an over-the-top Star Wars-themed ad which made it to Vh-1, E! and the now-defunct "The Jay Leno Show."

I would like to nominate Knight's blog (http://www.theknightshift.blogspot.com) as well as my friend Moviezzz's blog (http://www.moviezzz.blogspot.com) to a BBC contest in which listeners suggest unique blogs that are actually worth a person's time, but alas I can not find the link to the contest anywhere on the freaking web!

Of course, having said that, we'd like to promote our blogs as well (The other one is 'Politics, Culture and Other Wastes of Time').

I could not think of a better way to promote myself than to have a silly photo with campaign signs (I have no idea if any of these people won, but presumably some did!).

This reminds me of a low-budget documentary I saw on The Sundance Channel entitled "FrontRunners," which I actually saw for sale at a Target store in Danville, Va.!

Perhaps, one can see such films at this year's Full Frame Film Festival in Durham, NC, which opens April 8. The opening night film is "Kings of Pastry" by veteran filmmakers D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus.

I have no idea if I'm going to this year's fest or not, but I did attend the Full Frame Festival in 2005. If I had the talent and equipment, I would make a short doc about our local maniac street preacher who rants and raves for five or six hours at a time. The irony is that I'm agnostic, but that would make me perfect for the project, right?!

No comments: