Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Lale!!!




I want to wish a happy 36th birthday to my sister Lale. To show her my love and affection towards her, I am going to surprise Lale by sending her an Abyssinian cat (pictured here) from a breeder in Philadelphia. It's going to cost me $800* plus shipping, but I know it's well worth it!

I also know my sister, my brother-in-law, and their two adult cats will be pleased to have a new kitten jumping on the couch in their living room. In fact, he may cost even more than the priceless vase he might knock over on their mantle piece.

*-Actual cost for an Abyssinian cat. Perhaps, some Abyssinians retail lower than this at pet stores in your areas, but they are show cats!

PS-In all actuality, though I am not destitute, I can not affford an $800 cat but perhaps one day if I win the North Carolina Lottery I will surprise Lale with this gift. But, there are also lots of cats that cost significantly less than a used car which need a home.

Since this is St. Patrick's Day, we thought we'd mention The Pulaski County Animal Shelter in Dublin, Va., which is currently offering the following three cats: Beans, a female calico kitten, Jewel, an adult orange tabby cat and Shenanigans, a male tuxedo kitten.

The shelter's web site is nrvanimalshelters.com/Pulaski

No comments: