Monday, April 5, 2010

Zing! Zing! Zing!




Well, in case you were wondering, there was no wild water rafting trip to West Virginia this weekend as I had posted an April Fool's Day prank as I did last year when I said I was sky-diving. But, no one seemed to fall for the joke this year, which is a bit of a bummer.

As it was, I got really sick over the weekend, so even if I had planned to go to West Virginia, the trip would have been scrapped. And, the Pakistani geology teacher from Wytheville Community College, Nishan Shakazi is really a play on the term Nishan Shakasi which means April Fool's Day in Turkish.

But, my friend Chris Knight of Reidsville, NC, played a slightly more effective prank as he told the world that George Lucas, the man behind "Star Wars" was remaking the late Bob Clark's teen sex hit "Porky's" (1982).

Knight said that "Geek Tyrant" broken the news and he added that Lucas was perhaps remaking Clark's film to return to his "American Graffitti" roots and show the dark side of the '50s.

But, since "Clash of the Titans" (1981) has been remade and is apparently the new box office champ then perhaps anything is indeed possible!

No comments: