Monday, April 19, 2010

Very Expensive Things to Buy Online.....A Private Island





I've been meaning to ask my cousin Mike in Tulsa, Okl. (not actually where he lives), what is the most expensive thing he is selling on E-bay.

While I have not gotten around to that or deciding if I want to see the "Death at a Funeral" remake with Chris Rock at the multi-plex at the White Flint Mall in Rockville, Md. (which is a good eight-hour drive from here), I did get a chance to see what expensive-as-can-be items are available for consumer pruchase online.

Apparently, for a 'mere' $12 million one can get their own private island somewhere in Brazil. This reminded me of the famed Kasikadasi (Spoon Island) off the coast of Istanbul, Turkey, (pictured here) which is in close proximity to Burgaz Island where one can ride a horse buggy (also pictured here).

I'm not sure how much it would cost a horse buggy driver to take one around Burgaz or the other three Princess Islands (Kinali, Heybeli and Buyukada) but I'm guessing it would be less than cab fare to JFK from Winston-Salem, NC.

No comments: