Thursday, April 1, 2010

Getting Ready for West Virginia White Water Rafting!




This weekend, I will be taking part in a White Water Rafting trip to Wild, Wonderful West Virginia!

My friend Nishan Shakazi, a Pakistani geology instructor at Wytheville Community College in Wytheville, Va., invited me on this trip to the Ace Craft Restort near Fayetville, W.Va., where the famous New River Bridge is located.

At first, I turned down Shakazi because I thought the trip would be too much like something out of "Deliverance," but I had a chance of heart when my friend told me of the low rates offered to large groups of 20 or more people.

In the interest of being neutral, I should mention there is also a Rivermen Resort in the same area which Shakazi said his group will try out later in the spring.

But, for right now, I want to prepare for this trip which should be the adventure of a lifetime!

No comments: