Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Silly Photo to Fill Space- Antique Car (Our 500th Entry!)




Ahh, this would be a great day to go down to Chapel Hill, NC, to visit Chapel Hill Comics, but as it is they are giving free comic books on Saturday as May 1st is Free Comic Book Day. Acme Comics in Greensboro, NC, is also participating in the event.

Perhaps, someone at one of those two stores has the first issue of "Howard the Duck." Oh right! I almost forgot---I actually have that one (it came out in 1975). It's more economical (which means it's worth much, much less) than the first issue of "Batman." But, I don't have the first issue of the Harvey Comics' icon "Hot Stuff."

It is great to reach the 500-entry milestone. For that reason, we are posting an entry with an image of an antique race car (since many racetracks are 500 miles long). I've only been to one car race in my life and that was at the Franklin County Speedway near Rocky Mount, Va., when I was a teenager.

My Favorite Silly Photo to Fill Space Entry so far for this blog has been (if I can admit this publicly) Barney the Dinosaur, perhaps because a small part of me likes to get on folks' nerves!

No comments: