Monday, April 26, 2010

Quote of the Week- Charles Bukowski




The late, great poet/novelist/screenwriter Charles Bukowski (19201-1994) whose life was the basis for the movie "Barfly," with Mickey Rourke appropriately playing the eccentric, alcoholic poet, is the subject of our quote today. He is also a favorite of my good friend Bruce Piephoff, who is a folk singer and poet in Greensboro, NC. Bukowski's novel "Post Office" is one of my ten favorites. This entry is in honor of National Poetry Month:

"Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live," Bukoswski.

SIDEBAR: I was going to watch the popular Turkish Kemal Sunal comedy "Copculerin Krali/King of the Garbageman" on Youtube, but I am getting really hungry. Perhaps, I'll go for an egg biscuit at Bojangles (see earlier entry to get the joke).

With two more entries, we will reach the 500 entry mark here at "The Daily Vampire!"

No comments: