Tuesday, January 12, 2016
SOTU Blogathon: Let's Drop the Gloves (1 of 3)
Picture here we have Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont), Alex Ovechkin captain of the Washington Capitals, and new Speaker of the House Cong. Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.).....
Here are tweets from right, left and center.........
1) Ana Marie Cox: Paul Ryan thinking about how tomorrow is legs day.
2) Mormon Democrats: Obama calls for bipartisan work on criminal justice reform.
3) Susan Davis (NPR): Prescription drug abuse is one of those issues that crosses party lines. Big and growing problem in both red and blue states.
4) Molly Ball (The Atlantic): Oh god, the WH livestream is full of cheesy graphics.
5) Larry Sabato: Camera focused on Bernie. Those stars in his eyes are actually polling numbers.
6) Chris Cillizza: Direct Trump shot: "Promising to restore past glory if just get some group or idea that was threatening America under control."
7) Michael Crowley (Time): Only two sentences on Iran in this speech.
8) Washington Week: Obama asks: "How can we make our politics reflect what's best in us, and no what's worst."
9) New Republic: Paul Ryan and Joe Biden: Awwkwarrdddd
10) NBC Nightly News: Former Congresswoman Gabbie Giffords is attending tonight's SOTU.
11) Post Politics: Obama: 'I want to focus on the next five years, ten years, and beyond. I want to focus on our future. '