Tuesday, January 12, 2016
SOTU Blogathon (2 of 3): Does Bernie Sanders Like Moo Goo Gai Pan?
1) John Harwood of CNBC: Obama: 'We're threatened less by evil empires and more by failing states."
2) Lizz Winstead: Peter King needs some Activa.
3) Roll Call: Obama: 'The United States of America is the most powerful nation on Earth. But, there are still threats.'
4) Miriti Murungi: Bernie's about to order Chinese food (image of him pulling out iPhone was beneath tweet).
5) Ken Rudin (NPR): A little history here. This is the first SOTU where the two men standing behind the president debated each other in the last election.
6) Jonah Goldberg (National Review): Wait.....WAIT!! Barack Obama killed Osama Bin Laden? I never heard that before."
7) The Onion (satire news): Biden Urges Paul Ryan To Check Out Nude Scenes from 'Porky's' on Phone.
8) Politico: Obama: "If you doubt America's commitment or mine to see that justice is done, ask Osama bin Laden."
9) The Weekly Standard (conservative magazine): Obama's talking foreign policy at SOTU right now. But, he's leaving out the sailors detained by Iran today.
10) Catholic Democrats: Did anyone ever think 8 years ago that a Democratic president would be quoting a pope in his SOTU?
11) Nicholas Kristof (New York Times): Obama has been mostly in law professor mode. But he showed passion when he denounced attacks on Islam as unfair and counterproductive.