Tuesday, February 18, 2014
The Olympic Lists (8 of 10) Balkan and Black Sea Regions Combined
Balkan nations consist of the former Yugoslavia, Greece, Bulgaria and Turkey among other.
We are combining the two regions for this list:
1) Alisa Agafonova. 23. Turkey. Ice Dancing. She is pictured here with partner Alper Ucar. Agafonova is a Ukrainian who gained Turkish citizenship to compete with Ucar.
2) Alexandr Smyshylyaev. 25. Russia. Men's Free-Style Skiing.
3) Alxandra Jekova. 26. Bulgaria. Women's Snowboarding.
4) Zoltan Kelemen. 27. Romania. Men's Figure Skating.
5) Panagiosta Tsakiri. 23. Greece. Women's Cross-country skiing. She was the flag bearer for Greece.
6) Dmytro Pidruchnyi. 22. Ukraine. Men's Biathlon.
7) Tina Maze. 30. Slovenia. Women's Alpine. She has won two gold medals.
8) Iason Abrahamshvili. 25. Georgia. Men's Alpine.
9) Andrea Komsic. 17. Croatia. Women's Alpine Skiing.
10) Vuk Radenovic. 30. Serbia. Men's Bobsledding.