Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Silly Photo to Fill Space- Star Wars




Well, 2009 is almost winding down and this looks to be our last Silly Photo to Fill Space for the year. I had contemplated making this an all quote blog, but I'm not sure that would work.

I must profess that I got the idea to find silly Star Wars photos from "The Roanoke Times," in Roanoke, Va., which featured an amazing photograph of a man dressed like a Storm Trooper going through a hotel during a science-fiction convention. Alas, we couldn't find that photo, but it's probably just as well as I have friends who work there who could track me down for hotlinking. And since The Roanoke Gun Show is coming this weekend (not an endorsement or advertisement), they could perhaps purchase a firearm and shoot me.

One guy who might like this photo though is my friend Chris Knight of Reidsville, NC, who is an unabashed Star Wars fanatic. A few years ago, he ran for Rockingham County School Board and he made an ad with a Star Wars theme that was quite over-the-top. Knight did not win a seat on the board, but his ad became a Youtube sensation and it recently appeared on "The Jay Leno Show."

I would write more but I need find out what Paris Hilton is up to on Twitter. The last time I checked on her she was enjoying a weekend in Aspen, Col. There are a fair share of celebrities like Angelina Jolie who believe in humanitarian causes, but I don't see Ms. Hilton adopting a baby from an orphanage in Kandahar, Afghanistan, any time soon, but if she does, I'm sure she will tweet about it. And, we will post that info right here on this blog!

1 comment:

karl1990 said...

This photo looks cool, looks unique, but not as aliens, feeling like a modern version of Robin Hood, I love it.
NFL Shop.