Monday, December 21, 2009

Quote of the Week- Judy Garland




To celebrate my mother Lila Sullivan's 70th birthday, which is tomorrow, I am going to quote the late Judy Garland since her most famous film "The Wizard of Oz" came out in 1939, the same year my mom was born in Florence, SC.

While researching this piece, I found out there is a Judy Garland Museum which is located at her birth home in Grand Rapids, Minn. We hope the weather there is nice than it is here in Roanoke, Va., as we are not used to two feet of snow! And, we can only imagine what it's like in Judy Garland's hometown.

Here's the quote which seems fitting since "Guiding Light" and "As the World Turns" have been canceled this year (much to my surprise):

"If you have to be in a soap opera try not to get the worst part."

No comments: