Monday, March 16, 2009

Radford University is in the NCAA Tournament




After a week-long hiatus, we return to The Daily Vampire. I've had a major setback in my personal life, but we don't discuss such matters here.

But, I will talk about the Radford University men's basketball team, which go by the nickname of the Highlanders.

The RU Highlanders, who won the Big South tournament over VMI on March 7, will play the UNC Tarheels in Greensboro on Thursday. The tip-off time is 2:50 p.m.

I am excited that the game is close to home, but of course, there are some factors which are seemingly going to prevent me from going the game, including work, ticket prices/availability and parking. Hmmm...there are probably about 15 more which I left off.

All of which proves I'd almost be better off if they were playing in Boise, Idaho (which is another first round tournament site).

The Highlanders, who are a 16-seed this time around, last got into the tournament a decade ago when we lost to Duke in the first round.

For my part, I hope to post a series of blog entries about the Highlanders team and the game this week.

Next week, we shall 'return to our regular program.'

No comments: