Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Last Ten Films We've Seen: Trying to Catch up on Netflix....
"Like Father, Like Son," is also the English-language title of a Japanese art film which is more like Dustin Hoffman's "Kramer vs. Kramer" in nature as it deals with a family who learns that their son was switched at birth with another boy. Adding to the tensions is the fact that the families are in two vastly different economic classes.
We got this idea from "Film Comment" magazine.
Here are the last ten:
1. Like Father, Like Son. 2014. Japan. director: Hirokazu Koreeda
2. Goodbye to Language. 2014. France. dir: Jean-Luc Godard
3. The Babdook. 2014. Australia (in English). dir: Jennifer Kent
4. Wild Tales. 2014. Argentina. dir: Damian Szifron
5. Lovers and Other Strangers. 1970. dir: Cy Howard w/Diane Keaton
6. Price Check. 2012. dir: Michael Walker w/Parker Posey
7. Inside Out. 2011. dir: Artie Mandelberg w/Posey
8. Nothing Lasts Forever. 1984. dir: Tom Schiller w/Bill Murray
9. Avengers: Age of Ultron. 2015. dir: Joss Whedon
10. Far from the Madding Crowd. 2015. dir: Thomas Vinterberg w/Carey Mulligan