Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Movies Plus Movies: Yes, We Stole This Idea from Twitter
While we are posting this, we are listening to WETA-FM (Arlington, Va./Washington, D.C.) which is having a pledge week. Alas, we don't have the funds to call host Bill Bukowski and make a donation so we can hear more Mozart, but perhaps you can! Those of you who aren't into classical music, may know Mozart from the '80s pop song "Rock Me Amadeus" from the late Austrian new wave star Falco.
Our images of are of: 1) a bobblehead Jesus Christ, (perhaps the Rev. Johnny Robertson of Martinsville, Va., will hack our blog for doing this!); 2) Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins and 3) The Toledo Walleye, a minor league hockey team in Toledo, Ohio, which resembles the one Paul Newman played for in "Slap Shot" (1977. Dir: George Roy Hill).
Here are ten MoviePlusMovie samples we came up with:
1) The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ Superstar
2) There's Something About Mary Poppins
3) Slap Shot in the Dark
4) The Maltese Falcon and the Snowman
5) The Magnificent Seven Psychopaths
6) Singin' in the Purple Rain
7) The Best Little Whorehouse in Paris, Texas (our apologies to Wim Wenders)
8) Dead Men Walking Don't Wear Plaid
9) The Man with Two Brains Who Knew Too Much (year, that's two Steve Martin films in a row)
10) A Fish Called Wanda That Saved Pittsburgh