Tuesday, October 15, 2013
DC Week (6 of 8): Cong. Reps from Blue States
Since the government shutdown has just concluded the 15th day of deadlock, we thought we'd post two boxers as the middle image.
The first image is of Cong. Jeff Denham (R-Calif.) who should be mistaken for ventriloquist comedian Jeff Dunham. While the House has a reputation for being a group of grumpy old men, Denham is only 46 years and there are two House members on this list who are younger than him.
Denham is also one of only 17 House members (from both parties) who lives in a competitive district, according to "The San Francisco Chronicle."
Here are 10 House members from Blue states:
1. Chris Von Hollen (D-Md.), fifth dist., 54, budget committee
2. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), 48, 23rd district, minority whip; financial services
3. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), 35, 15th dist., energy and commerce; foreign affairs
4. Pete Welch (D-Vt.), 66, energy and commerce
5. Jim Langevin (D-R.I), 49, 2nd dist., Armed services
6. Pete King (R-NY), 69, 2nd dist., Financial services; foreign affairs
7. Jeff Denham (R-Calif.) 46, 9th dist., agriculture; transportation and infrastructure
8. Elizabeth Esty (D-Conn.), 56, 5th dist., science, space and technology; transportation and infrastructure
9.Niki Tsongas, (D-Mass.), 67, 3rd dist., Armed Services; Natural Resources
10. Michael Grimm (R-NY), 43, 11th dist., Financial Services