Saturday, October 12, 2013
DC Week (3 of 8): The Onion's Take on Congress
Warner, along with Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), is in a group of party centrists trying to resolve the government shut down. which is actually causing economic problems for DC-Metro area cabbies.
Here are the tweets, concerning not only the federal shut down, but also other things going on in Washington, DC:
1) Howard Coble: "14 Democrats agree U.S. has a spending and debt program."
2) Washington Diplomat: "Embassy warns Americans in Egypt that weekend protest could turn violent."
3) Jonathan Chait (a liberal journalist with "New York" magazine): "Once Republicans realized shutting down the government wouldn't stop Obamacare, they already printed up the t-shrts."
4) Roll Call: "Susan Collins Stands Behind Plan as Leaders Attempt Larger Deals."
5) Arizona Democratic Party: "It's time we let the tea party know the future of our country is not a game! #EndtheShutdown."
6) "The Onion" (a satirical news publication): "Psychiatrists Deeply Concerned for 5% of Americans Who Approve of Congress."