Thursday, February 9, 2012
Top 10 Countries to Run To If GOP Whacko Becomes Prez
Yes, we did essentially the same sort of list when it looked like Sarah Palin might somehow become an American president, which would probably assure the impending apocalypse that many fervent evangelists who would support her are calling for.
Since there are essentially three players left in the Republican nomination race: Mitt Romney (pictured), Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich, we thought we'd mention that IFC is running two hours worth of Three Stooges shorts on Saturday starting at 10:45 a.m. The first of these films will be "The Mummy's Dummies" (1948), which was made when Gingrich was five and Romney (born 1947) was still in diapers.
Here are some possible escapes we might consider:
1) Costa Rica (pictured)
2) Russia (this blog is popular there, so why not?!)
3) Iceland (the country that was number one on the Palin escape list)
5) New Zealand
6) Slovenia_ this former Yugoslavia is now a top destination
8) Cuba (yeah, we partly did this for shock value, but many American travel magazines have written about traveling to Cuba lately)
9) Turkey (my late father's country, and I also speak the language)
SIDEBAR: The BBC is now airing a radio segment about The World Ice Fishing Championship in Kazakhstan, otherwise known as the land of Borat. As one might imagine, it is freezing in the former Soviet Republic!