Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Quote of the Week-Woody Allen



For the first time in the six years that I've been blogging (it seems like some of my pals have given up, and I fully understand why!), I checked my stats. And, it seems like more people are reading this blog than ever.

Though, my most succesful entry, in terms of hits, came from my "Happy Mother's Day from Godzilla" entry back in May. It had 174 hits! Hmmm....perhaps, we need to mention Godzilla more often.

Today's quote of the week comes from Woody Allen. The focus for this month's quotes are from film directors, and it seems given that the tenth anniversary of Sept. 11th has just passed to go with a New Yorker, though many of his most recent films, including the latest "Midnight in Paris," have been filmed in Europe.

Here is Woody Allen's quip:

"His lack of education is more than comepnsated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy."

SIDEBAR: Is possum stew, skunk and potatoes or baked racoon with apples your idea of good cuisine? Well, it isn't mine either. But, if it is, then you may want to head up Marlinton, WV, where they are hosting the "West Virginia Roadkill and Autumn Harvest Festival," which learned about through "Mental Floss" magazine.

Marlinton is in Pocahontas County, which borders Highland County in Virginia, which is known for its annual maple festival.

If you happen to attend the road kill fest, let me know what the food is like. This reminds that it is perhaps possible to eat every kind of animal that can be asociated with a Looney Tunes character as Pepe Le Pew is a skunk. But, I surely hope Speedy Gonzales is the exception!

No comments: