Monday, November 2, 2009

Quote of the Week- John Waters





John Waters and Alan Ball will be among the guests at this year's Virginia Film Festival in Charlottesville on Thursday. Waters' classic film "Pink Flamingos," which I myself am a bit to squeamish to view though perhaps it's not as bad as last night's episode of "Dexter," will be among the films screened in C'ville.

When I lived in Virginia, I had gone to it some ten or eleven years in a row. Even though I now live in North Carolina (well just over the border), I am still considering going there this year but I am a person who drives an hour to work during the freaking week!

Nevertheless, regardless if I attend or not, it should be an interesting event.

We use the occasion to once again quote Waters, who divides his time between Baltimore and Provincetown, Mass.

We have perhaps quipped Waters more often than any film director except perhaps Woody Allen and Jean-Luc Godard:

"I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The provost at our former school is a pal of Waters'. Somehow I can't picture it.