Monday, November 30, 2009

Quote of the Week- Jimmy Buffett



I must confess to profound irony as I just gave my students at a community college in Mount Airy, NC, (not where I really work!) a spelling test and I could not spell Jimmy Buffett's name right (it has two 'f's and two 't's).

Nevertheless, the mayor of Margaritaville and long-time Key West, Fla., resident will be releasing a new cd called "Hotel Buffett" on Dec. 8. I am sure Parrottheads are all excited abou this one!

According to his web site, the track titles will include "Summerzcool," "A Lot To Drink About" and "Surfing In a Hurricane." (hmmm...that sounds like a VERY bad idea).

Here is today's quote from Buffett, whose name I am finally spelling correctly!:

"Let me remind you: We are party people, and things will get better."

No comments: