Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Movies of Our Youth- (12 of 12) "Gremlins"





Why a tuxedo cat as an image for a movie about creepy little reptilian monsters?

Because I named my tuxedo cat Gizmo after the title character in Joe Dante's vintage sci fi flick.

My friend Joe Scott will screen "Gremlins" as part of his "Mixed Tape Series" at the Carousel Luxury Cinemas in Greensboro, NC, on Thursday, Dec 3 at 7:30 and 10:00 p.m.

Alas, I teach class on Thursday nights so it looks I will not only miss a chance to see this movie for the first time in over 20 years, but I will also miss the 'wedding episode' on "The Office." But, since I'm not a newspaper reporter who has to cover an execution, I won't complain:)

1 comment:

kevox said...

This cat, incidentally, is named Jack and this photo is copyright Kevo X Thomson.

More photos of him can be found here