Monday, May 25, 2009

Quote of the Week-Dennis Hopper


























My sister, brother-in-law and I went to the Denver Art Museum while I was out in Colorado last week and we saw this groovy exhibit of sixties era rock posters (it runs through July 19). We then rented the 1969 biker classic "Easy Rider" to complete our 'hippie experience.' (For the record, we did not listen to "Puff the Magic Dragon.")

Since today is Memorial Day, which is road trip time here in les etats unis, I thought I would go with a quip from Dennis Hopper, a hippie turned Republican who voted for Obama (what a transition!) who recently turned 73:

"My whole written history is one big lie! I mean I can't believe my history."

We have a quote from Hopper's "Easy Rider" co-star Peter Fonda on our sister blog "Politics, Culture and Other Wastes of Time."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I myself visited the Fullerton Museum - probably not quite so illustrious as Denver's - and saw their permanent exhibit on Fender Guitars. As you may know, Leo Fender spent much of his life in that town.