Saturday, November 1, 2008

Top Six Werewolf Movies









I'll be the first to admit that I've seen fewer werewolf movies than vampire flicks, but here are some that I really enjoy, in order of release date.



"The Wolf Man" (1941)

"House of Frankenstein" (1944)

"I Was a Teenage Werewolf" (1957)

"The Howling" (1981)

"An American Werewolf in London" (1981)

"The Company of Wolves" (1984)


I also found these interesting titles on werewolf-movies.com

"Werewolves on Wheels" (1971)

"Moon of the Wolf" (1972)

"Werewolf of Washington" (1973)

"Werewolf of Woodstock" (1975)

My hunch is that the last two were made by the same director!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the transformation scene in "American Werewolf" a cuple times in the last few days. Among my Top 10 films of the 1980s! And I think it's only the second R-rated movie I saw growing up! There's also a 1978 TV flick called DEATHMOON, starring Robert Foxworth and set on a tropical isle. I know Foxworth best from "Falcon Crest", but horror buffs might recall him in PROPHECY and DAMIEN: OMEN II.

Anonymous said...

I guess WOLFEN doesn't really count as a werewolf flick.

Unknown said...

"Wolfen" was actually on the list. But, I have yet to see that film. I know it came out when I was a kid. The first R-rated film I saw in a movie theatre was "Outland" with Sean Connery in 1981, when I was 11.