Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Political Confusion Quiz (Entry 1 of 21)




This will be the first of a 21 entry weekly series in which one can figure out where they stand politically. It is not going to ask you where you stand on the minimum wage, abortion or alternative forms of energy, but rather would you rather see a Broadway revival of "The Crucible" in New York or take in a Lee Greenwood show in Branson, Mo.
There is a personal reason for this entry as I actually went through political confusion last year mainly due to a major legislative dispute I had with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. As a life-long Democrat, this was a great awakening, but in the end, it really did not change my politics at all. I voted for Barack Obama with no doubt in my mind that I made the right choice.
Ultimately if Pelosi made me think of leaving the party, Sarah Palin and her zealous right-wing extremism reaffirmed my commitment to center-left politics, and we are having great makeup sex!

Which brings us to today's question, if you were given a choice would you vote for ultra right-winger Cong. Virgil Goode (R-Va), who seems to have it in for blacks, gays, Hispanics and Muslims/Arabs (though I suppose he pleases those who really care about other people's baby fetuses__ironically Goode like David Duke was a Democrat) or fanatical liberal Cong.Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio), a kooky guy whose worst gaffe seems to be admitting to have seen an UFO.

Yes, both are people I would want to seriously distance myself from )politically or otherwise), but ultimately, Kucinich is, in my view, a far better person than Goode, who is in an unexpectedly tough battle with Tom Perriello of Charlottesville to maintain his congressional seat today.

But, it is your decision which matters here.

So, here are your choices for Quiz One:


A) Dennis Kucinich


B) Virgil Goode

Ultimately, when all 21 questions have been submitted, we will show where you stand politically!

SIDEBAR: Not everyone is voting for Obama or McCain today. My friend Chris Knight of Reidsville, NC, has endorsed Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin for president even though the Orlando minister is not even on the ballot in The Tarheel State.

John McCain jokingly said yesterday that he was endorsed by aliens during a campaign rally in Rosewell, New Mex. This makes one wonder if the planet Jupiter will one day become a swing state.

No comments: