Thursday, November 27, 2008

Letter of the Week.......about Barack Obama





As I approach 40 (I am 38 now), I realize that I have gone from being a fervent liberal to a moderate liberal. In some ways, it is depressing to be less idealistic than the likes of Michael Moore or Tim Robbins, but on the other hand, it is better than going to the dark side like Jon Voight or Cat Stevens! (I am not sure which would be worse becoming an arch conservative, dittohead Republican or an Islamic fundamentalist! )
The election of Barack Obama however is the one thing my past and former self can find comfort in, and this letter by Aaron Warner of Seattle to "Rolling Stone" reflects why:

"At first, I didn't think the Illinois senator had a plan to restore America to her former glory, but after reading the interview (in "Rolling Stone"), I finally realize the president-elect has been playing his cards close to his chest."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Stevens' recent interview on "The Tavis Smiley Show", his now-infamous comments regarding Salman Rushdie weren't even mentioned. I wonder if the statements were taken out of context.