Friday, November 6, 2015
Democratic Debate Tweets (2 of 3): Starring Martin O'Malley as Hercules
One female tweeter's enthusiasm for his physical appearance made us decide to compare him with Hercules, last played on film by Lou Ferrigno (pict. bottom), well, not that may not be entirely accurate!
Brer Rabbitt (pict. center) is our way of making sun of the South (my mom's side of the family is actually from South Carolina). On a personal note, my late grandfather Dudley "Doc" Sturgis taught at Winthrop. Here are the tweets:
1) Jessica Taylor (NPR): O'Malley applauds Obama on Keystone decision but not Secy. Clinton got there just last week.
2) Abby Miles: Could not be prouder to be a student at Winthrop University than I am tonight.
3) John Iodorola (Liberal talk show host/producer): On O'Malley's etch-a-sketch, he's winning in a landslide.
4) Dayna Colbert: I'm loving this. We need more forums.
5) Rachel Wright: O'Malley brought up the zeitgeist. I love fancy words.
6) David Doyen ("Salon"): None of the things O'Malley is saying will help him in the South.
7) Phillip Kessler: Candidates get to talk turkey without interruption from other candidates.
8) Kay Hanley: Martin O'Malley has ripped abs and glistening pecs but for some reason he insists on being in politics.
9) Toasty Poptart (Bernie Sanders supporter): I don't hate Martin O'Malley, but he has ZERO chance. He's barely a contender. This is a waste of time.