Sunday, September 13, 2015
(10 for 10; 2nd Entry): Our Most Popular Blog Entries: Silly Dog Photo to Fill Space
In our ten years of blogging, we have often been surprised and some times stunned by which entries prove to be more popular than others. When I posted an entry about hot dogs, as in two dogs dressed like hot dogs (center image), on August 18, 2009, from a small town library in North Carolina, I never could have imagined that it would yield more hits than any entry we posted before or since.
Because our blog is, for some reason, popular in Russia and Ukraine, I suppose it's not shocking that our blog entry with a quote from the legendary gymnast Svetlana Boginskaya, (top image) who competed for the Soviet Union on her native Belarus, became popular, but it's still surprising that it got over 5,000 hits.
Another popular entry with a quote from a celebrity was one from Feb. 9, 2009, featuring reality tv show Heidi Montag ("The Hills") who endorsed John McCain for president, and that apparently wasn't enough for the Republican Arizona senator to get enough votes to win over Barack Obama.
Our second most popular entry featured Mr. Potato Head (pict. bottom), which still seems popular almost five years after its posting as it inches towards the 20,000-hit mark.
Here are our most six most popular blog entries, with links to those entries (alas some photos from the entries have been removed from the net):
1. Silly Photo to Fill Space-Hot Dogs. Aug. 18,2009. 21,464 hits.
2. Bonus Silly Photo to Fill Space-Mr. Potato Head. Dec. 10, 2010. 19,985 hits
3. PSA-Don't Drink and Drive. May 27, 2010. 13,240 hits.
4. Quote of the Day: Heidi Montag. Feb. 9, 2009. 7,928 hits.
5. Quote of the Day: Svetlana Boginskaya. April 19, 2012. 5,250 hits
6. Political Confusion Test (21 of 21)_ The Oak Ridge Boys vs. The Village People. Aug. 14, 2009. 5,142 hits