Tuesday, January 20, 2015
SOTU Tweets: Right, Left and the Fog Machine
There are reasons why we have images of Cong. Bob Latta (R-Ohio, his district is around Toledo), Donny Osmond and Vice President Joe Biden, but let's go ahead and present some tweets from the early evening hours here in les etats unis:
1) Cong. Latta: I applaud RepFredUpton and SenJohnThune for developing a proposal to establist clear, reasonable rules for the Internet.
2) Mormon Democrats (yeah, they are the reason we chose Osmond though he is a Republican): The GOP forgets that GW Bush's resolve didn't stop Putin from invading another country, nor did it prevent North Korea from obtaining nukes.
3) The Onion (a satirical journal): Biden Arrives Early to Set Up State of the Union Fog Machine.
4) Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont): The typical middle class American family made less last year than it did 25 years ago.
5) Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Virginia): Not only did Lisa drive from Botetourt County to be my SOTU guest, she brought cookies form Mrs. Rowe's in Staunton! (I actually went to high school with Sen. Kaine's guest Lisa Shutters Barnett; Botetourt County is four hours south of Washington, DC)
6) Ken Rudin (NPR political analyst): "It's 4 p.m. on the day of the SOTU and that only means one thing: Rep. Eliot Engel (D-NY) is already sitting in the House chamber."
7) The Baltimore Sun: SOTU preview: Obama calls for increasing taxes on the wealthy, free community college and expanding paid leave."
8) Joy Ulfelder (political scientist): Save an hour of your life and read the SOTU instead of watching it tonight. Most boring theater ever.
9) Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Missouri): "RT if you agree every American deserves a chance to succeed. Our top priority should be working together to create good paying jobs."
10) Martha MacCallum (Fox News host): "I will be hosting On the Record tonight_ see you soon!"
11) David Corn (liberal reporter): "Mitt Romney shifts his position on Climate Change_ Again!"