Sunday, November 9, 2014
The DC List (1 of 3): Meet Your Republican Congressional Members...........and, guess when they will turn 103
At any rate as even yack herders in Mongolia now by now there were mid-term elections to determine which party gets control of the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate, and alas (yes, we are biased), the Republicans won. But, after watching "The Partridge Family" reruns for five straight days and getting mopped and depressed, we thought of what Mel Brooks once said: "The best way to get even with your enemies is to make fun of them."
So, as gerrymandering will assure that Republicans will hold their seats for years and years on end even if they smoke pot on a ski trip to Colorado or run over an old woman's foot with their Hummer in a Target parking lot in Florida, we thought we'd let you the voter know when your Republican Congressional member is scheduled to turn 103! Oh, and of course, we forgot to add if you are playing Angry Birds as bills are being voted on in the floor; it is actually an addictive game, we'll give you that!
And, of course, we once again, choose to make fun of our own Republican Congressman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va) who was first elected to the House of Reps in 1992 during the infamous Newt Gingrich takeover of the house.
Here is when your rep turns 103 years old:
1) Cong. Virginia Foxx (R-NC, pictured top) 2046
2) Cong. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va, pictured center) 2055
3) Cong Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) 2070
4) Cong. Martha Roby (R-Ala) 2079 (she's a young one, especially for a Republican!)
5) Cong. Gus Bilirakis (R-Fla) 2066 (whew! We almost didn't spell his name right....)
6) Cong. Darrell Issa (R-Cal.) 2056
7) Cong. Tom Graves (R-Ga) 2073 (that's also the year I turn 103!)
8) Cong. Steve King (R-Iowa) 2052
9) Cong. Mike Coffman (R-Colo.) 2058
10) Cong. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho) 2053
http://www.politicscultureandotherwastesoft.blogspot.com (for more reps who turn 103)