Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Tweets from Around the Crazy Galaxy: Reactions to the Brutal Execution of American Journalist
Here are some tweets from the right, the left and the center as well as views from Muslims and non-Muslims. These are not necessarily views with agree with, especially the supposed right-winger who is cheering remarks by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas). Though we would like to see justice brought forward, we are not inclined to endorse the most right-wing American senator in decades:
1) Stephen Bright: "1.6 billion Muslims Worldwide per CNN. Why aren't they taking a stand against these extremist group misrepresenting their religion?"
2) New Jersey Hockey: "I like Sen. Ted Cruz's response to the second U.S. beheading in as many weeks: 'Let's Bomb ISIS back to the Stone Age."
3) Slate:"Obama now says the U.S. will 'destroy' ISIS. What does that mean exactly?"
4) Laila Lalami: "WANTED. Fox News experts on Islam. No prior training or experience necessary. Frequent references to sharia and Kenyan socialism a must."
5) Arsalan Iftikhar (The Muslim Guy): "The terrorist group ISIS just killed (and beheaded) my Facebook friend (and American journalist) Steven Sotloff.....ISIS are the dogs of hell."
6) Miami News Now: "To the end, journalist Steven Sotloff kept Jewish identity secret from Islamic state captors."
7) The New Republic: Steven Sotloff was just 31 years old_ a journalist only embarking on what should have been a long career.