Thursday, July 10, 2014
World Cup Soccer Lists (4 of 4): The Names We Will Remember
And, kudos to Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir for calling an excellent game yesterday in Argentina's penalty shoot-out win over The Netherlands, but I suspect we will see much more of Robben, who plays for Bayern Munich.
Here is our list:
1) Joel Campbell. 22. Costa Rica. Olympiacos (Greece; pictured top)
2) Arjen Robben. 30. Netherlands. Bayern Munich (pictured center)
3) Tim Howard. 35. USA. Everton (England, pictured bottom,)
4) Marouane Fellaini. 26. Belgium. Manchester U.
5) Thomas Muller. 24. Germany, Bayern Munich
6) Rais Mbolhi. 28. Algeria. CSKA Sofia (Bulgaria, where he plays goal-keeper)
7) Luis Suarze. 27. Uruguay. Liverpool (I guess we can objectively say he is the most scandalous futboler on the planet)
8) Faryd Mondgram. 43. Colombia. (no club team, he is the oldest player ever to play in a World Cup)
9) Xherdan Shaqiri. 22. Switzerland. Bayern Munich.
10) Mathieu Valbuena. 29. France. Marseilles.
11) Angel di Mira. 26. Argentina. Real Madrid.