Monday, July 21, 2014
Tweets from Sunday Night: Scientists Study Crabs
Since we had a tweet from an actor pretending to be God, we wanted to use an image of George Burns, but when we couldn't find one that was suitable, we chose instead to go with the fringe minister Rev. Johnny Robertson in Martinsville, Va., who was once in a public feud with our friend and fellow blogger Chris Knight of Reidsville, NC.
Here are last night's tweets:
1. Ali Spignola (an electronics musician): I've never seen an owl that wasn't pissed off (top image).
2. WNYC (New York NPR station): A black woman (Mikki Kendell) disguised herself online to see what the Internet was like as a white man.
3) J. Freedom du Lac (features writer for The Washington Post): Can discarded sea containers help create more affordable housing, or is this mostly a gimmick?
4) Washington Post: Babies start mentally rehearsing speech long before they actually say their first words.
5) Tweet of God: I have absolutely no plan for your life (middle image, read second paragraph)
6) Charlotte Observer: :School starts Monday for 2,500 Charlotte students.
7) Baltimore Sun: Scientists tally crabs and see how reef building affects them.