Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Top Ten Comics from the Sunday "Washington Post:" Foxtrot Takes the Blue Ribbon
Here is our top ten:
1. Foxtrot (since this week's strip made a reference to an exclamation point, we are using it for our top image)
2. Pearls Before Swine: This Sunday's strip contained 20 panels!
4. Dustin (We definitely agree with the strip's premise that Fanta ads before movies are very annoying)
5. The Argyle Sweater
6. Sherman's Lagoon
7. Prickly City (since the strip has a cactus, we are using an Arizona cactus for our middle image)
8. Brewster Rockit: Space Guy
9. Judge Parker
10. Mark Trail (the strip revolved around mountain goats; a goat is also one of the lead characters in "Pearls Before Swine"
Our favorite line from the soap opera comic strip this week, comes from "Apartment 3-G," which is not in "The Washington Post": "I Just Asked You To Be My Wife"
PS: While we have a moment, we want to thank those of you in Moldova (?!) for reading our blog. Yes, we know your country is a former Soviet republic which borders Romania.
PPS: Happy 37th birthday to Dominique Dawes, one of our favorite Olympic gymnasts.