Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Happy 76th Birthday, Daffy Duck
Daffy Duck was the subject of a brilliant Jeff Greenberg column which said that political candidates who were more like Bugs Bunny, such as Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama, were more likely to win elections than ones who were more like Daffy Duck, such as Walter Mondale and John McCain, who is coincidentally talking about guns in America in the U.S. Senate today.
One famous quote from Daffy Duck is from the cartoon "Duck Amuck" (1953): "Thanks for the sour persimmons, cousin"
We are going to wish Daffy Duck a happy birthday in six different languages:
1. Grattis pa fodelsedagen (Swedish, ironically Donald Duck is very popular in Sweden)
2. Dogum gunun kutlu olsun (Turkish)
3. feliz compleanos (Spanish
4. joyeaux anniversaire (French)
5. Alles Gute zum Ceburtstag (German)
6. furaha ya kuzaliwa (Swahili: a language spoken in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda)