Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chuck Palahniuk ('Fight Club" author) on JD Salinger




During the last winter storm last weekend, I was able to reread Chuck Palahniuk's novel "Choke," which was made into a film last year, but he is best known for penning "Fight Club." (His other novel "Diary" is also a favorite of mine).

The film version of "Fight Club" will be playing this weekend at the Criterion Cinemas in New Haven, Conn., and at the Collidge Center Theatre in Brookline, Mass., presuming they don't get snow (as we are supposed to get in Virginia and North Carolina yet again!).

Palahniuk had this interesting comment on his web site chuckpalahniuk.net about the passing of author J.D. Salinger ("Catcher in the Rye") last week:

"J.D. Salinger is responsible for the creation of one of America's most beloved rebels and antiheroes, Holden Caufield. I read 'The Catcher in the Rye' many times throughout my life.

always found it a comfortable book to return to, whenever I'd be suffering from a reading drought. It was also one of the first books that I can recall truly speaking to me as a youth."

No comments: