Monday, August 17, 2009

A Crazy Poem I Wrote




This was originally intended to be read at No Shame Theatre at Studio Roanoke in Roanoke, Va., this weekend, but I was still recovering from my gall bladder surgery as well as the medications they put me on!

It is called "I'm Dating Sylvia Plath:"

I met a wonderful girl through e-harmony

They claim she's a 'perfect match'

This time- they could actually be right.

We both like The Smiths and The Cure

as well as the poetry of Mishima

And, we had our first date at the Holocaust Museum

Perhaps, we'll have our honeymoon at the Golden Gate Bridge


I'm so happy, so happy, so happy

I'm dating Sylvia Plath

Aren't I a lucky boy, indeed???

Footnote: For those who don't know Sylvia Plath was the subject of the Gwyneth Paltrow film "Sylvia." The late poet, also known for her novel "The Belljar" killed herself when she was just in her twenties.

No comments: