Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quote of the Day- Jonathan Demme





Due to time constraints, we are publishing quotes from great movie directors on our respective blogs today. Here is one from Jonathan Demme whose film "Rachel Getting Married" got rave reviews last year:

"I don't think it's sacrilegious to remake any movie, including a good or great movie."

Hmmm......does that mean I can't question Gus Van Sant for remaking "Psycho?"_ shot for shot no less!

I am choosing Demme because I saw a great interview he gave with Werner Herzog about Herzog's latest documentary film "Encounters at the End of the World." The interview is part of a dvd extra for the film which takes a revealing look at life in Antartica.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your articles are very detailed and attractive. I am happy to read them. Wish you have more health to continue to develop this site. You can also read more of my articles here. Thank you
Eve Lindley biography
a aa movie near me
amc woodlands movie times