Sunday, January 25, 2009

Political Confusion (Entry 10 of 21)






We continue one of our longest running and most popular series "Political Confusion" by asking you the blog-reader if you are a liberal/Democrat or a conservative/Republican.

In these politically confusing times when Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama and Joe Lieberman endorses John McCain, perhaps you aren't exactly sure where you stand.

When I had a political rift with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D) in 2007, I asked myself some deep questions and realized there was no effing way I could join the likes of George W. Bush and Fred Thompson and those other vampires in the Republican Party.

So, to clear your own mind, we are asking yet another simple question:

"In your mind, would you like to see a Supreme Court which reflects American society in terms of race, age and gender or would you prefer to see eight white guys who are as old as Milton Berle* plus Clarence Thomas on the court instead?"

*- Just for the record, I know Uncle Miltie is actually dead! But, I did not know that Berle (1908-2002) actually outlived Imogene Coca (1908-2001) until tonight!

NOTICE: We initially promised to have a seven-entry blogathon today, but there are papers to grade and magazines to read. I can't believe that in these economic times, I somehow decided I needed to have five subscriptions! Needless to say, "National Review" is not one of them.......!

No comments: