Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Super Tuesday 4 Tweets: Ted Cruz Has Awful Night
On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton appears poised to claim the party nomination as she was unable to do during the 2008 election cycle. She won four of the five primaries with challenger Bernie Sanders winning in Rhode Island.
The Philly Phanatic is being featured as one of our images in honor of the Pennsylvania primary; the Phillies won tonight over the Washington Nationals 3-1 (we think).
We tried to capture the night with tweets from the left, the right and the center. Alas, we were unable to get many tweets from women but the one we did get was from Jessica Valenti, who is a feminist American-based reporter for "The Guardian" (UK).
Here are the tweets; we will put Valenti first:
1) Jessica Valenti: 'It's very easy to be presidential' Hmmm....
2) Anderson Cooper: Donald Trump says Bernie Sanders should run as an independent.
3) Dave Rubin: Cruz did win exit poll for Candidate Most Likely to Scare Children.
4) Matty Ice: Trump just won more states than Ted Cruz's mistresses.
5) David Axelrod: On big night, team Trump can't get mike to work??? Still a few wrinkles to work out, I guess.
6) Ricky Vaughn: Looks like Rhode Island delegates will be Trump 11 Kasich 5 Cruz 3.
7) Matthew Ygelsias: John King's enthusiasm for the state of Rhode Island is making the evening for me. (King is with CNN).
8) Rich Lowry: Trump's 57 percent in Pennsylvania is just astonishing.
9) Major Garrett (CBS): 'I'm not doing that,' Trump when asked about vetting running mates. 'I don't want to think about it.'