Thursday, October 16, 2014
Last Ten Films I've Seen (as of Oct. 16th): Watching a Three-Hour Doc on a Friday Night
Other films on the list include "Au Hasard Balthazar," a brilliant, but depressing film about the life of a donkey, which could have been filmed in Greece or Turkey as easily as France. "4:44: Last Day on Earth" is a dire film with Willem Defoe about what the end might be like. Lastly, "Alan Partridge," starring Steve Coogan as the title character who is also a radio dj, is quite hilarious; the green coffee cup above is in his honor. We tried to use a Manchester United coffee cup, but we believe those images are perhaps copyrighted.
Here is the list:
1) Au Hasard Balthazar. France. 1966. Director: Robert Bresson
2) For All Mankind. Documentary. 1989. Dir: Al Reinert
3) McCabe and Mrs. Miller. 1971. Dir: Robert Altman
4) Lebanon. (Israeli film). 2009. Dir:Samuel Maoz.
5) Chico and Rita. Animation. Spain. Dir: Tono Errando, et al
6) 4:44: Last Day on Earth. Dir: Abel Ferrara
7) Alan Partridge. 2013. Dir: Declan Lowney.
8) Marwencol. Documentary. Dir: Jeff Malmberg
9) Zanjeer. India. 1973. Dir: Prakash Mehra.
10) The Autobiography of Nicolea Ceausescu. Documentary. 2010. Romania