Thursday, June 13, 2013
Top Five Places Turkish PM Erdogan Should Defect To
Yes, we think it is time for Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to not only resign, but leave the country, preferably for good. We suspect that this very blog, which gets like 13 hits a day, is actually blocked in Turkey. Ironically, we are apparently not blocked in Turkey's rival nation Armenia. And, we also seem to be blocked in Syria.
But, whether people in Istanbul, Bursa or Eskisehir can read this entry or not, we are going to recommend some places for Erdogan to go to:
1) Saudi Arabia (flag on top): A perfect choice for three reasons_ it is place Uganda's dictator Idi Amin went to and never left (Amin died there), it is one of the most conservative Muslim countries in the world so Erdogan should make lots of friends there, and most importantly, most of the country is made up of the Arabian Desert.
2) Turkmenistan (flag in center): I'm sure this dictatorship will welcome another dictator (though Erdogan was democratically elected with 34.3 percent of the vote) with open arms.
3) Canada (bottom flag): Actually, to be more specific, we were thinking about the Yukon Territory. Perhaps, Erdogan would be exceptional at dog sledding.
4) Russia: Vladamir Putin seems like Erdogan's kind of guy, plus there is Siberia.
5) Algeria: It was the last country Erdogan went to on his dubious north African tour, this time he should go back there and stay!